Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE)
Health & Safety
Randcivils attaches the greatest importance to the prevention of any form of loss, in particular to the health and safety of all employees and sub-contractors within the workplace.
This is achieved through the strategic management of health and safety within the company as well as demonstrated commitment to our mission, vision and values. We also take steps to ensure that a culture of health and safety awareness and responsibility is adhered to by all under the Randcivils banner.
Our HSE Department consists of qualified HSE professionals who focus on continually advising, monitoring, reviewing and implementing the best practice and HSE training at all levels. They also ensure compliance with legislation and the National Occupational Health & Safety Act.
Randcivils is proud to be in possession of two FEM (COIDA) Awards of Excellence as a low-risk business in the construction industry.
Safety first, always.
At Randcivils, we take our responsibility towards the environment very seriously. Along with staff safety, it is our top priority when performing our day-to-day activities.
Our health and safety department has strict policies that all sites must abide by even in the absence of a client directive, and our environmental responsibility includes, but is not limited to:
- Reducing our carbon footprint as far a possible with up-to-date fuel-efficient machines;
- Making use of construction methods that keep sediment (waste) out of streams;
- Installing storm-water systems that don’t increase flood risk;
- Transplanting and saving all indigenous and protected fauna and flora on any new site we work on; and
- Ensuring that we leave all sites in a clean, debris-free state when our works are complete.